- Who We Are
UnveilTV is an entity of Unveil Studios Inc, a Canadian Production Company that operates the Site.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us here:
Post: 5305 50th Avenue
Red Deer, Alberta
- Our Commitment to Privacy
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact you e.g. account registration information.
If you visit the Site, your web-browser automatically discloses, and UnveilTV’s web-server automatically logs, the following information: the date and time, the IP address from which you issued the request, the type of browser and operating system you are using, the URL of any page that referred you to the page, the URL you requested and whether your request was successful. This information may or may not be sufficient to identify you.
- What personal information we collect
When you access the Site as a User we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences and credit card details.
- Your personal information
- Your personal information is securely stored and you may easily update your personal information by logging into your user account. You will use your email address as your username and select your own password to become an Account Holder – both are needed to use the services of the Site and to access your contact information. Please safeguard your password in a secure location, as we are not responsible for breaches into the system when access is willingly provided.
- When you become an Account Holder through subscription, event registration, TVOD or bundle purchases on the UnveilTV website, we collect personal information such as name, billing information, credit card details, address, phone number and other personal information that is necessary to deliver your order, process payment and communicate the status of your order.
- Credit card information collected for ticket purchases or donations is used via Stripe.com and PayPal to process the order and is not retained on our Site.
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you updated via newsletters and other marketing information on UnveilTV’s content updates, latest products and services offered by UnveilTV and any upcoming events associated with the Site or UnveilTV. It also helps us to improve our development, services, content, products and advertising. You may customize your marketing preferences, or let us know if you do not wish to receive any promotional materials, by adjusting your subscription options on the Site.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about Screenings, new products and services offered by UnveilTV, as well as any changes to our terms, conditions and policies on the Site.
- Where UnveilTV collects your information from sources other than you, it undertakes:
- to do so only by legal means;
- to do so only with your consent; and
- to declare to you what sources it uses and under what circumstances.
- Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as film viewing preferences; postcode; location; and the time zone where UnveilTV is used so that we can better understand customer behaviour and improve our content, services and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
- Cookies and Other Technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system and date/time stamp. If you do not wish to transmit “cookie” information about yourself, you may turn off the cookie function in your web browser.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the Site, to learn about user behaviour on the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. This information may be used in our marketing and advertising services.
- Disclosure to Third Parties
UnveilTV may make certain personal information available to strategic partners and social media operators such as Facebook to provide products and services or help UnveilTV market to customers.
- Service Providers
UnveilTV shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, credit-card payment providers, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for UnveilTV to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
- Protection of Personal Information
UnveilTV takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
UnveilTV undertakes to store and transmit your information in a manner that ensures security against unauthorized access, alteration or deletion, at a level commensurate with its sensitivity.
UnveilTV undertakes to implement appropriate measures to ensure security of your information against inappropriate behaviour by UnveilTV’s staff-members and contractors. These include:
- training for staff in relation to privacy;
- access control, to limit access to your information to those staff and contractors who have legitimate reasons to access it;
- particularly in the case of sensitive data, audit trails of accesses, including the identities of staff and contractors accessing the data;
- reminders to staff and contractors from time to time about the importance of data privacy and the consequences of inappropriate behaviour;
- declaration of appropriately strong sanctions that are to be applied in the event of inappropriate behaviour
- clear communication of policies and sanctions; and
- processes to audit, to investigate and to impose sanctions.
- Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Subject to the qualifications immediately below, UnveilTV undertakes:
- to retain your information only as long as is consistent with its purpose; and
- to destroy your information when its purpose has expired, and to do so in such a manner that your information is not subsequently capable of being recovered.
This undertaking is qualified as follows:
- Your information may be retained in UnveilTV’s logs, backups and audit trails within short-term retention cycles that are devised to protect the company’s operations. In such cases, your information will be destroyed in accordance with those cycles;
- Your information may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose if that is required by law, such as a provision of a statute, or a court order such as a search warrant or subpoena, or a warning by a law enforcement agency that delivery of a court order is imminent. In these circumstances, UnveilTV:
- will take any reasonable steps available to it to communicate to you that your information is being retained, unless it is precluded from doing so by law; and
- will only retain your information while that provision is current, and will then destroy your information;
- Your information may be retained beyond the expiry of its purpose in our database for marketing purposes (such as for the purposes of social media marketing or email marketing) unless you opt out; if it is authorized by law (in particular to protect UnveilTV’s interests, e.g. if it believes on reasonable grounds that you have failed to fulfil your undertakings to UnveilTV or have committed a breach of the criminal law). In these circumstances, UnveilTV will only retain your information while that situation is current and will then destroy your information.
- Access to Personal Information
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete and up to date by logging in to your account on the website at www.unveiltv.com
UnveilTV undertakes to provide you with access to your information, subject to only such conditions and processes as are reasonable in the circumstances. In particular, UnveilTV undertakes to enable access:
- without unreasonable delay; and
- without cost.
UnveilTV undertakes to establish and operate identity authentication protections for access to your information that are appropriate to its sensitivity, but practical. This may involve some inconvenience; for example, relatively straightforward procedures may be involved in order to provide you with access through a channel that you have previously registered with UnveilTV (such as a particular email-address), but may impose more onerous procedures if you wish to use some other channel.
In the event that you dispute some aspect of your information, UnveilTV undertakes to take reasonable steps in relation to the amendment, supplementation or deletion of your information.
- not to seek access for frivolous purposes or unreasonably frequently; and
- to accept that deletion of some data may not be consistent with the provision of particular services by UnveilTV to you.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 18 years old we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
- Location-Based Services
To provide location-based services for UnveilTV, UnveilTV and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by UnveilTV and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
- Third-Party Sites and Services
The Site, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
- to provide one or more channels for communications to UnveilTV, which are convenient to users;
- to promptly provide acknowledgement of the receipt of communications, including the provision of a copy of the communication, the date and time it was registered.
- to promptly provide a response to the communication, in an appropriate and meaningful manner.
You further undertake to not pursue UnveilTV through any regulator or the media:
- until and unless UnveilTV has had a reasonable opportunity to respond to the initial communication; and
- while UnveilTV and you are conducting a meaningful dialogue about the matter.